Violent Crimes Defense in Georgia
In Georgia, charges of violent crimes can destroy your reputation and career and cost you your freedom, not to mention other severe consequences and penalties. You can defend your rights and freedom by building a strong defense case with the help of a knowledgeable and results-driven attorney.
Here at Ghanayem & Rayasam, LLC, our Atlanta-based attorneys with nearly 30 years of combined experience in criminal defense are helping people accused of violent crimes in the metro Atlanta area. As evident from our Case Results page, many of our clients have been acquitted of the charges against them thanks to our exceptional legal representation.
Contact our Atlanta violent crimes attorneys to schedule a free consultation. Call at (404) 561-0202 or complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Violent Crimes: Penalties and Consequences
In Georgia, violent crimes have severe penalties and consequences, including but not limited to:
- Extensive fines and fees
- Jail time
- Restitution to the victim
- Mandatory anger management classes
- Loss of the right to own a firearm
- Loss of professional licenses
- Diminished housing opportunities
- Limited employment prospects
Types of Violent Crimes
There are different types of violent crimes:
- Abduction and kidnapping
- Armed robbery
- Assault and battery
- Aggravated assault
- Aggravated battery
- Domestic violence
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Aggravated assault without a weapon
- Murder and voluntary manslaughter
Defending Against Violent Crimes in Atlanta, Georgia
When it comes to prosecuting violent crimes, the state prosecutor must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty in order to obtain a conviction. The role of a violent crime defense attorney is to:
- analyze and carefully investigate all aspects of the prosecutor’s case;
- identify weaknesses, flaws, and contradictions in the prosecutor’s case;
- obtain and document witness statements;
- cross-examine prosecution witnesses;
- find and exploit any procedural errors and constitutional violations on the part of law enforcement or the prosecution;
- line up witnesses in the defendant’s favor;
- ensure that the defendant receives the fair treatment throughout the criminal case;
- inspect and challenge forensic evidence and other evidence presented by the prosecution; and
- build a convincing and bullet-proof defense strategy.
Why You Need an Atlanta Violent Crimes Attorney
A criminal defense attorney’s goal is to cast doubt on the testimony and the validity of the DNA or forensic evidence and dispute the truthfulness and reliability of prosecution witnesses. If you have been charged with a violent crime – assault, battery, aggravated assault, domestic violence, murder, manslaughter, abduction, kidnapping, or any other – contact a defense attorney.
At Ghanayem & Rayasam, LLC, we prepare a criminal defense for every case as if it is going to trial. Our attorneys understand the seriousness of charges of violent crimes in Georgia. We have extensive knowledge of the law and Georgia’s legal system to secure the most favorable outcome for our clients and help them avoid the harsh consequences of a conviction.
Get help from an experienced Atlanta violent crime attorney who will do whatever it takes to help you achieve the best possible outcome. At this difficult time in your life, you need someone you can trust. Contact our lawyers for a confidential consultation. Call at (404) 561-0202 for a free case review.